I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Grayson, Kentucky. This wonderful little place is nestled away in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky about 45 minutes from West Virginia. My 8.5 hour trip was only supposed to take about 7, but anyone who knows me well knows I hate traveling in a hurry. I take my time, stopping to explore local places and never missing a chance to grab another soda. This trip was nothing out of the ordinary but I am still only 1/2 way!
Sitting in this hotel alone is a great way to practice for my 27 month time in the peace corps. Anthony Bourdain is on the television talking to me about Mumbai, India and Rotis. I want to get on a plane tomorrow and go to India. In regards to the Roti, it is a flat pancake coated in sugar and butter and filled with anything you like. This Asian (and Thai) treat is best served with eggs or bananas or chocolate. It was literally the best drunk food I have ever had (even better than El Rancho, which is really hard to do).
I am already starting to miss Mizzou and my friends but the summer ahead provides little time for personal issues and even less time for sleep. Welcome to my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment