After the ceremony, which took place in the nicest building with the nicest chairs I have sat on in Morocco, we had a little "cocktail" hour. They served tea, a milk smoothie and some Hawaii soda and then little cookies. It was a cool opportunity to get to talk to the Governor and the Ambassador as well as his wife. They were all so receptive and thankful for our service, and I was quite thankful they came to speak with us.
All in all it was quite a cool ceremony. I happen to love all things banquet, ceremony and cocktail hours so it was right up my alley. I also appreciated seeing everyone dressed up and showered.
We just got back from the Atlas Studios, we got to see some sweet movie sets and walk around some cool places, all for free so that made it better.
Tonight we had a Berber band come and play while we did some traditional dancing. It was quite the event.
Im going to post tomorrow, then the real adventure starts, so does the studying.
Also I forgot to mention that it was "America Day" in our provence (state) today but in America, it was "Mexico Day" aka Cinco de Mayo. haha.
The Ambassador to Morocco and myself.
The awesome governor of Ouarzazet Provence, Jancy and myself.
Jancy, Jesse and myself.
The Ambassador's wife and myself.
ha, your movie set visits reminded me... TWO movies coming out this summer- Sex in the City 2 and Prince of Persia, neither of which I really care to see- were BOTH filmed in Morocco. I might just have to sit through them and pretend I am there with you... maybe I'll even put your face on a piece of cardboard and carry it around with me Perryman-style. LOVE YOU.
ReplyDelete