Of course, my buta gaz ran out, meaning no coffee or hot soup so despite the rain, I carried the heavy container to market to get it changed out. After a series of misfortunes, involving people not being so good at keeping their word, I employed three kids to help me get the buta gaz home. When they decided it was too heavy, they rolled it down the hill. While this is a slight explosion risk, I didn't have a lot of other options. When it finally made it to my house, it was covered in mud, but full. I paid the kids in candy, M&M's to be exact and then I could finally drink my coffee. The lesson learned was the kids are much more helpful and reliable than adults. As an added bonus, you can pay them in candy instead of money!
Yesterday, I was planning on heading to a nearby volunteer's site to help with her English club but it was raining so hard, I couldn't traverse the muddy paths, and wait in the rain for a bus that might not show. I was also not all that comfortable with riding our "busses" in adverse conditions considering the difficult time they have in "normal" conditions. When I went next door to the co-op to see what was going on, it started snowing. Yes, snow. It didn't stick and melted nearly before hitting the ground but it was proof of how much the temperature has dropped in the last week.
Last week, it was 80 degrees and sunny, this week its in the low 30's with freezing rain/ snow. I am starting to feel like I am in Missouri again, with this variable weather.
I brought a thermometer back from America and while it is a blessing, it's also a pain. It got down to 40 degrees in my house last night. It's hard to get motivated during the day when it's so cold inside and raining outside.
The good news it that season 1-4 of Mad Men is complete and I finished a 600 page book, the bright spot in an otherwise dreary set of surroundings.
Here are some entertaining photos for you.
My friend Aisha and the SNOW. You can't really see it but it was flurrying in my village.
My soon-to-be drinking water, being collected from the roof. I couldn't believe how much water was coming off a small roof.
This transit (van) got stuck and they used a dump truck to get it out, but the dump truck hit the gas a little too hard and almost tore off the rear axel. Entertaining to say the least.
It sounds that you are in the same situation like us here in Washington.
ReplyDeleteThe field next to our house has never been so saturated. a bit further north, near I 5 there are a lot of slides near the railroad prohibiting the trains from coming through. It will take a long time to dry out.