Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random thoughts.

My brain has been in jumble mode the last couple of weeks so I have been unable to put together a coherent blog post. This is what came out of my blog post attempt.

- Behind-the-knee sweat is definitely the worst. It has been 100+ degrees outside and in the mid 90's inside my house and after much thought, I have decided the behind-the-knee sweat is by far the most annoying.

-My brother Alex was on a cross-country philanthropy bike trip with Push America (www.pushamerica.org) and took a tumble. He has a broken collar bone and spent the better part of yesterday trying to brave air travel to get back to St. Louis from Wyoming. Poor guy. I have all the faith in the world he will be back on his bike in no time.



-I spent last weekend in Essaouira with a bunch of my fellow PCVs at Ganoua, a huge Moroccan music festival. It had a distinctly college party feel with dozens of people sleeping wherever, enjoying each other's company and having a good time. It was a nice escape from the day-to-day and a good chance to reconnect with long-lost volunteers.

-This next week will be spent anxiously awaiting the arrival of some friends from Mizzou for their visit to the Maghreb (Morocco). I am looking forward to that and a big 4th of July celebration!

-Also, it's really freaking hot. Just when I think it can't get hotter, it does.

-I listened to a Planet Money podcast yesterday where they said that there is nearly 300 million dollars worth of $1 coins sitting in a vault, unable to be circulated. The entire Peace Corps operating budget is just 50 million more than that. It seems so crazy that Congress is trying to cut PC spending when we have 300 million dollars worth of uncirculated coins in a vault.

Thanks for reading. Big things are on the horizon so I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about Al! I know how hard he was working for that bike race!

    Great hearing from you (on the blog). Can't wait to hear about these 'big things.'

    ReplyDelete