I feel good about the next 11 months and there is a great deal of stuff I want to/ need to get done. The biggest focus this summer and fall will be getting grad school/law school things situated. So far, I feel prepared. I know where I am applying. My resume is done (mostly) and now I need to focus on the personal statement!
In Moroccan news, our new cooperative building will be opening soon, then we have a big town festival in July, then Ramadan and the opening of the Women's center in town. I am hoping to get started grant writing to get some materials to really get our women's center open and kicking. The commune also approached me about a possible trash project, so we will see where that goes.
In regards to security, I feel safe. I know that there has been a lot of news updates about the "Arab Spring" and Morocco's involvement in it. The man (men) who detonated the bomb in Marrakech have been caught and the government is being patient with the protesters for now (but probably not for much longer). The unrest hasn't reached the village and seems worlds away. My village is safe and I feel secure. For those worried, it's okay. If the situation gets worse, I will let you know but for now, all is well.
Today I came into Tiznit to grab a calzone with Sarah-Kate and this week will be preparation for Mid Service Medicals in Rabat and then our regional meetings in Agadir next week. August and vacation time will be here before we know it!
This is a photo of some of the Argan Oil my cooperative produces.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNice photo :). Glad to hear you're transitioning back without much of a hitch. Blog looks great, too. Keep in touch, m'dear :)
ReplyDelete