After 29 hours of travel, three airplanes, a car ride, a city bus, four separate cabs and a 7 hour layover in Charlotte (thanks US Airways) I am finally back in Morocco. Once I paid the cab driver to drop my bags off at my front door, I crashed and slept for a solid 12 hours. It was much needed and deserved because my seat on the plane didn't recline, making sleeping difficult to say the least.
I am relieved to be back and happy to see everyone. Monday morning (I got back Sunday night) I headed up to market, got my mail which included my new SIM card and a package from the Gleason Family. I then bought about 6 kilos of vegetables, some milk and headed back to my house, spending the rest of the day cleaning, unpacking and begging for water.
My ladies finally showed up Monday afternoon to deliver me water and all was well.
Today (Tuesday) I headed to Agadir for a meeting this evening with some fellow American Ex-pats, Peace Corps volunteers and the Ambassador to talk about security issues in Morocco.
Also, I came to the realization that this is the longest I have spent in one place since moving out of my childhood home nearly 7 years ago. I think part of my restlessness has to do with the fact that I am not used to being somewhere so long and after a while, it can get boring. Just a thought I wanted to share!
Will update with more information/ posts later!
Thanks for the well wishes and send me a card.
No comments:
Post a Comment