Saturday, May 28, 2011

The night before.

This "night before" feels a lot like the first one nearly 15 months ago, only a let less freaking out. I am sad to leave, anxious to get back and trying to mentally prepare myself for "life" in Morocco. There are a lot of "stressors" in Morocco that don't even register on American's minds. Things as simple as finding transport, traveling long distances with luggage, finding lunch and interacting are stressful, extremely stressful. I am spending tonight trying to psych myself up for the pending challenges. In a few weeks (or days) it will all be back to normal and my routine will fall back into place, but for now I am anxious, extremely anxious.

America was great, to say the least. I have heard from a lot of other volunteers that they didn't like coming home and by the end they were ready to get back, this is not me. Not that I don't love Morocco, because I do, I just forgot what life was like in America. We have it pretty freaking good.

I am going to miss beer on tap and English. It really is the little things in life. Most of all, I will miss the grass.

It has been an eventful couple of weeks including a graduation, a party, a funeral, a trip to Columbia, a visit from my favorite Coloradoan (?) a fishing adventure and lots and lots of lunches/dinners with family and friends. I am grateful for every minute I had at home and the reality is only 11 more months until I am back at home, for good. I made it the first 15 so what's another 11 months, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Let round two of my Moroccan adventure begin. More projects, more activities, more travel and in general a better and more exciting version of Morocco part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment