So America has been great, to say the least. While I can update you on my American adventures some other day, I wanted to share this series of e-mails with you that I found absolutely hilarious.
The background is that my Dad works for a Properteries Board for Pi Kappa Phi fraternity and they recently remodeled a chapter house at Auburn. The initial internet line installed is too slow, so the men wanted a faster line. It doesn't seem to complicated, right?
To: Jay Stuckel
Sent: Fri, April 22, 2011 3:09:33 AM
Subject: ARIN POC Created
ARIN received a request from ATT Inc. to create a new POC.
This request has been processed. The POC is STUCK2-ARIN.
The POC record will be visible in ARIN's Whois shortly.
You can manage this POC record by logging in to ARIN's website at https://www.arin.net and linking to it.
This courtesy notification has been sent to all e-mail addresses listed on the POC Handle.
If you have any questions, please contact us for assistance.
Ask ARIN via our website: https://www.arin.net/public/communication/message/beginQuestion.xhtml
E-mail: hostmaster@arin.net
Regards,
ARIN Registration Services Department
From: Jay Stuckel
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 8:45 AM
To: BARAN, EVA M (ATTAIS)
Cc: FLEMING, ZACHARY S (ATTCINW); O'BRIEN, SHANNON M (ATTSI); THOMAS, ASHLEY J (ATTBST); DUNN, CHRIS (ATTBST); Greg Buehner; Betsie Fehr
Subject: Fw: ARIN POC Created
Eva and all: What am I suppose to do with this? I don't understand what is being requested of me with this email and web site. I don't know what POC means and how this has to do with upgrading the speed of the internet service that we currently have.
Let me know what I have to do. Please respond in common language that a non ATT employee would understand, NOT in acronyms, that the average person has no idea what you are talking about.
Jay Stuckel
Pi Kappa Phi Properties
From: "BARAN, EVA M (ATTAIS)"
To: Jay Stuckel
Cc: "FLEMING, ZACHARY S (ATTCINW)"; "O'BRIEN, SHANNON M (ATTSI)">; "THOMAS, ASHLEY J (ATTBST)" ; "DUNN, CHRIS (ATTBST)"; Greg Buehner; Betsie Fehr
Sent: Tue, April 26, 2011 11:23:27 AM
Subject: RE: ARIN POC Created
Hi Jay:
POC is Point of Contact. I went to the ARIN website and they appear to have something to do with managing DNS (Domain Name Service).
Do you manage your DNS with ARIN?
Best Regards,
Eva Baran - (Complex IP Support)
AT&T BVoIP Service Delivery Team
voice - 440-717-0685
fax - 440-838-3970
email - eb5693@att.com
6889 Snowville Rd - 3N-074
Brecksville, OH 44141
No comments:
Post a Comment