I have been internally debating for some time whether or not I wanted to post something so personal on such a public forum, but after reading A LOT of other weight-loss blogs and seeing the benefits they got from the accountability, I decided to do it.
As of today, I have officially lost 50lbs.
It has been a tough journey, with a lot of hiccups along the way, but it has been worth it.
I have needed to do this for a REALLY long time.
For a long time I feared the scale. I feared mirrors and cameras. I was afraid to see just how much I had lost control. In September 2011, after realizing how much food dictated my entire day, I decided to commit myself fully to loosing the weight for good. Since then, I have lost 35lbs, bringing my total loss up to 50lbs.
I feel better, eat better, exercise more and am much happier with myself now that I have begun the steps to end my toxic relationship with food.
![]() |
| Spring 2009 at 210+ lbs |
I wanted to take time to thank everyone for thier support and continued encouragement while I try to knock off these last 10lbs.
For all of you out there embarking on the same journey, best of luck!
Thanks for supporting me through this, and through everything. I love you all.

Congratulations, Cara! Weight loss is something very difficult and personal, indeed - but CELEBRATING that weight loss is something that should be shared! You look amazing, and I'm sure you just FEEL better, too. Congratulations, again!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on not only losing the pounds but being brave enough to share! What an amazing achievement you have made! You look amazing and hope you continue on this journey to kick those last 10 pounds out of the park!
ReplyDelete<3 you.
ReplyDeleteCara, you look amazing!!! What an inspiration!!! Mind if I ask how?
ReplyDeleteWOW 50lbs!! That is incredible, I honestly would have never thought you had that much to even lose. Have you noticed a greater loss by eating better or the working out? I know my body weight is 80% controlled by working out. I hope you're able to continue this path to a more healthy lifestyle and if I'm ever in the same town as you, we should go for a run :)
ReplyDelete-Annie