Sunday, November 28, 2010

So I have been worried about Thanksgiving for a while now, like since before even leaving for Morocco. Thanksgiving was always one of my favorite holidays and my favorite "family times". My mother cooking delicious food and pies, a freezing cold golf game early in the morning and college football after nap time were staples of my childhood. This was going to be the first year I missed it.

I also have vibrant memories of my Aunt Carol crying profusely whenever we did our "what we are thankful for" section and my cousin Tim was deployed. I envisioned my mother doing exactly the same.

The good news is that my fears were completely unfounded. I celebrated Thanksgiving with my new adopted family in Essaouira and it was a blast. We ate delicious food, had amazing conversation and spent an entire day in the dark with no running water :) We even witnessed a star gazing night better than I have ever seen. Six shooting starts in total. Amazing.

So thanks Essa crew for letting me join the fun! The food was great and the company was even better.

Now the Claire's arrival preparations begin! 3 weeks and counting.





The cab ride into Nina's site. It was a little tight.


Our delicious Thanksgiving Dinner.


The beautiful rainbow outside Nina's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment