For the better part of the last two years, I have been an active participant in the "I will come back later" game. Every time I visited a city, a souk (market) or some place cool, I was like, "I don't need to buy that now because I can always come back later and get it." The reality is that I have finally come to the point where I won't be coming back. With less than two weeks left in country, I have a lot of shopping to do.
This past weekend I decided I wanted to do a final tour of my favorite city, Essaouira. I was going to get a massage, buy a leather bag and eat some delicious meals with my Essa crew. After spending a full day in Essa, I was convinced to head to Marrakech for one last final night on the crazy Jemma El-Fnna (and to buy a leather bag). After nearly 4 hours on a crappy bus, I arrived in Marrakech. It was just as crazy as always but I got an opportunity to show some Fullbright students, visit from Spain and Jordan, around the square. It is always more fun to see Morocco through someone else's eyes.
I got lots of cool souvenirs, so much so that I actually ran out of money and had to head back to Anezi. I am excited that my bag is filling up with cool things to remember Morocco by!
Only a few more days left in site and more posts to come about this crazy "closing service" experience.
 |
| Nina buying her weekly veggies in Essaouria! |
 |
| Adam and Dianna eating at Green Wok in Essa. |
 |
| We had a lot of fun at Green Wok with the nice owner and his cute sweaters. |
 |
| I love this Essa bread and oil. Yummy. |
 |
| The blue and white pottery made in Fez but sold in Marrakech. I may have broken some of these plates... |
 |
| The Fullbright friends I made, Sam and Hannah, who I introduced to Harira and their lives have forever been changed for the better. |
 |
| Awesome Moroccan shoes. |
 |
| I love the markets at night. |
I love this. Enjoy your final weeks!
ReplyDelete