Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two Years In.

Yesterday marked my two-year anniversary in Morocco. Yes, two-whole-years.

On March 3rd, 2010, 70-ish of us Americans arrived in Morocco, naive and unsure of what the adventure had in store for us. I was a scared mess. Crying and shaking, the man next to me on my flight to Philadelphia moved.

Now, two years later, I am confident and capable of my skills in Morocco but I am scared to start the transition back.

It has been a long and difficult but extremely rewarding two years. I have learned a lot, experienced a lot and been through some of the most challenging times in my life. I am grateful to have had the chance to do that.

With my Close-of-Service date only one month away (April 4th), I am beginning to feel the tangible realization that this journey is finally coming to a close. After years of "going home" being an abstract concept, it is finally a real thing. I have a date and a time where I will land back in the country I love, to the food I enjoy and the people I want to be around. I couldn't be more excited, or be freaking out more!

See you all April 5th at 2:10pm.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE.

    Can't wait for you to be home with me in the same city... At least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete