I was surfing Pinterest, attempting to get my mind off of the constant anxiety I am feeling these days, and I found a quote that I found quite fitting.
"It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela
My service seemed impossible right from the start. I never thought I would get through that plane ride to Philadelphia, or that first night with my host family during training, or the first year, or the first real challenge I faced, but the truth is that I did. I have been here over two years, and I survived and thrived. I never thought it would happen.
Some volunteers say that they never considered early-terminating, I was not one of those volunteers. I thought about it daily for a few months and staying seemed impossible. It wasn't. I did.
The truth and realization is that I made it and I did it. I completed my Peace Corps service and I am quite proud of the person that came out the other end.
I only have 15 days left in Anezi.
As on outsider reading about your journey over the last couple of years I can't believe it is almost over either! Thank you for sharing all of the ups and downs. You are an inspiration that nothing is impossible! Thanks, Cara!!
ReplyDeleteDitto to Kristin. You are my absolute and biggest inspiration. Even as often as we emailed, IMed and as I read your blog, I don't think I'll ever understand the full scope of what you went through the last two years. But I know it wasn't easy. I know you struggled. I know it was hard on you. And look at you, you did it! You're stronger than anyone I know to be able to do this. AND I'm so happy I got to be part of it for just a teeny, tiny week.
ReplyDeleteLOVE - Danielle
This post is filled with so much emotion, from you and all of us that are waiting for you to come home safe and sound. You have done something amazing, brave, and so intimidating that you are one of the very very few people in the world who took on this 2 year plus task of improving the lives of so many other people on a journey so far from home. You have been selfless and giving to the Peace Corps and the Kingdom of Morocco and it's pretty damn obvious you've made your family and friends proud. Can't wait to see you and catch up!
ReplyDeleteLove you! -Annie