I wanted to use this post as a reminder of just one of the many things I miss about America. Many of my PCV friends speak poorly of my great home state of Missouri, but I think its just because they have never been to a Cardinal's baseball game, spent time in the Ozark mountains or tailgated a Mizzou victory at Reactor Field. Most of all, they haven't witnessed the amazing beauty that is Missouri in the fall, when all of the leaves change from their green color to portray how happy they are that the weather is finally cooling down. I can't even explain the beautiful rainbow like colors I used to see driving down I-70 back to Columbia.
I hope all of you in the great state of Missouri are enjoying this fall season, filled with tailgating, cold beer and HOMECOMING.
I am trying to make my house feel a little more "fall-ish" by putting up some Missouri Conservationist photos and coloring a pumpkin, but its just not doing the trick. I think the lack of trees and the heat is adding to that. After all we are nearing the beginning of October and its still hovering in the 90's.
All-in-all, I have MANY more falls left in America, but only one more in Morocco, I guess I can handle the heat and lack of trees for just a while longer :)
Love you all.
The Missouri River at Eagle Bluff's Conservation area.

My sister and dad playing beerpong at the Mizzou/ Illinois Tailgate.
Aw, I love this. I'm reposting it on my blog.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't you worry, you have plenty of new fall memories to make in Africa.... and fall 2012 is going to be EPIC.