Thursday, September 30, 2010

You can't trust vampires, trust me.

I have a confession, I am addicted to Twilight. Yes, I know. Most of you who know me even remotely well will remember my lack of interest in fiction. Despite the occasional Harry Potter and a class assignment or two, I have never really been into fiction. I think part of it had to do with the fact that I didn't have a lot of time to read, and if I was going to ready, I wanted it to be something I could learn from.

Things changed pretty drastically when I moved to Morocco. I was suddenly presented with a great deal of free time. After finding the first movie in my DVD case and remembering the mania around the sorority house and from my 15 year old sister, I watched it. Then I got hooked.

I found the first two books and went to work. Man, I blew through them in 1 day each. Thankfully (luckily) I was headed up to Rabat and the Peace Corps library just days after finishing the first two to pick up the last two. Turns out the PC library had them both and I got to work.

It took me another day to get through Eclipse and another day and half to get through the 700 page Breaking Dawn.

I can't really explain what it is about them, and like lots of things about me, I have been getting a lot of grief for getting into them, but they were hard to put down. Something about the way Stephanie Meyer does such a great job portraying emotions that are so easy to relate to.

At first I was ashamed of this little minor addiction I had developed, but I guess my self-confidence has taken so many hits since moving to Morocco, this is nothing. No longer am I ashamed. I have watched the first two movies and just finished downloading lucky number 3, so that will be my after-dark activity for the day!

For all you haters, don't hate. Morocco really has been quite a test and I guess reading some good fiction now and then won't hurt me. I promise to be back to non-fiction when I get back to the good ole USA.

Also, I am very strongly and passionately on Team Edward. Sorry Maddy.

1 comment:

  1. Ew, I hate twilight. I will add some good fiction to your box o' treats I'm sending you.

    ReplyDelete