So I have been in country for 6 months, today. I just wanted to take this time and thank everyone who has written a card, mailed a package, sent an email, posted on my facebook wall or SKYPE chatted with me, it means more than you know. One of the greatest parts of the Peace Corps is the ability to share a little bit of America, the country I love so much, with the people of Morocco and getting share a little bit of Morocco, the place I am growing to love, with my friends and family in America.
Life over here can be overwhelming, chaotic and its easy to get caught up in this new and sometimes insane Moroccan reality. Getting a letter or reading an email about life at "home" can really bring into perspective my life here. It is quite easy to get wrapped up in this new culture, new language, new religion and entirely new way of life. Having contact with my "American" reality is imperative to my mental sanity and my ability to do good work over here. Frankly, I crave the old reality as a sense of normalcy in a world of chaos. It is very difficult to be the weird kid all of the time, its nice to know that there is a place where my food, dress and behavior make sense (well, sort of) :).
Thanks again for your perspective, it really does mean more than you know.
With great love.
-Cara
I can't believe it has really been 6 months!!! These two years may just floy by (and thank God because I miss you. A lot)!
ReplyDeletePS: New blog redesign?