The last few weeks since Claire's departure from Morocco (and Madrid) have been occupied with LSAT studying, failing to keep warm and staying as involved in the village as possible to prevent the never ending "Why don't you come over?" and "When are we going to see you again?" questions that follow a few days in my house.
In general, the LSAT studying went well. I wrote a plan, stuck to my schedule and felt like I made great strides and improvements over the few weeks leading up to the test. As I told my Dad today on the phone, I set myself up for success as best as I could and if success comes, then wonderful, all of my hard work will have paid off in the end. If the test did not go well, then I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
I should know my LSAT scores in 3-4 weeks. I think I am ready for them, maybe.
I took the test on Saturday afternoon in London. I left in plenty of time, grabbed a coffee and a sandwich and really wanted to be able to get to the testing site and relax a little before the test. As fate would have it, and as I somewhat expected, my plan fell into the toilet hole, just like my phone.
After my coffee and sandwich, I headed to the nearest Tube station. As it turned out, all of the Underground (Tube) stations on the pink line, which I needed, were closed for repair. Unfortunately that information was not posted clearly at each stop so every time I got off the Tube at a new stop to transfer, the sign would say that just that particular station was closed, not the entire line.
After many switches and a great deal of confusion, I got off the Tube and decided to try my hand at the bus. With only about 30 minutes left before the test, I got on a random bus, that dropped me off on a random street, nearer to where I needed to be and then I started walking. I I must have asked every person in London within earshot of me where to go. Thanks to the help of some nice construction workers, a Subway sandwich shop owner and some helpful maps posted around London, I made it to the testing site, with 10 minutes to spare and little air left in my lungs.
About 70 people in total took the test with me, many more than I expected. Most were American study abroad students, a few were interns or employees in London and only one was from the UK and she had a boyfriend in Canada whom she was moving for.
Unfortunately, the girl behind me in line did not print out the correct paper or follow the instructions on the website for testing registration and rules so she was rejected from the check-in desk. I cannot even imagine how she was feeling. I would have been devastated.
The test itself wasn't too bad. I wouldn't say it was the time of my life, but it also wasn't nearly as miserable as I expected. It didn't feel like it was as long as it actually was. The one downside was that my desk was so short, nearly sitting on my lap, so after an hour or so of bending over, my back started to cramp. It was however, ironic that my desk at home was so tall, too tall actually to study comfortably and my desk at the test was too short to answer comfortably. I sort of figured this would happen, on some level.
The good news is that it's over and I can get back to resuming life in Morocco, free from the stress of studying and hopefully motivated to practice my Tashlheet. I feel good about that, very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment