Traveling has really become a facet of my daily life. I can pass long hours in a taxi or a bus with nothing but my own daydreaming to keep me busy. I feel like no traveling challenge is too big or to grave for me to tackle. Give me a destination and I can get there, no questions asked.
Despite this "traveling" confidence, some days are just longer and more exhausting than others. Wednesday was one of those days.
Here was my day:
2:30 am: Wake up, finishing packing and eat some breakfast before heading to the bus stop.
3:20 am to 4:15 am: Caught the night bus from Camden Town to West Brompton, London.
4:15 am to 4:30 am: Walked from the bus stop to the EasyBus pick-up point.
4:30 am to 6:00 am: EasyBus pre-booked ride from West Brompton to London- Gatwick airport.
7:50 am to 11:45am: Flight from London- Gatwick to Agadir, Morocco.
11:45 am to 12:15 am: Walk to the bus station and attempt to find (reasonably priced) transportation from the airport to Inezgan (outside of Agadir).
12:15 am to 12:45 am: Grand taxi ride (7 people in total) from the airport to Inezgan.
12:45 am to 1:00 pm: Grand taxi ride from Inezgan to the Agadir taxi stand.
1:00 pm to 1:30 pm: Petit taxi from the Agadir taxi stand to the Hotel Tamri to pick up a package I left before heading to London.
1:30 pm to 1:45 pm: Petit taxi from the Hotel Tamri to the Agadir taxi stand.
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Grand taxi from Agadir to Tiznit.
4:00 pm to 5:30 pm: City bus from Tiznit to Ait Erkha.
5:30 pm to 5:45 pm: Walk from Ait Erkha to my home.
As you can see, this was a long day, possibly one of my longest. These are the days when the luxuries of owning a personal vehicle seem most beneficial.
I slept 14 hours Wednesday night.
jeesh. busy girl. my travel is more like.... get in the car. go here. get there. done.
ReplyDeletespeeeeaking of travelling. I've got my TWO year travel plan brainstormed and would like to share:
2011: Colorado, Orlando, Pacific Northwest
2012: Indianapolis, someplace exotic, South Carolina (with YOU to visit Claire?)
I also imagine a few Chicago, Columbia, KC, Memphis and DC long weekends in there.... sigh.