Wow, the time has really flown by. I am hoping this is a trend that continues through my service, but training has gone really fast. On March 1st I left America for Morocco and its already the beginning of May, I cannot hardly believe it.
The summing up of training is quite a process and that process began yesterday with our language exam. It was about a 20 minute conversation in our target language (Tashlheet) and all in all, it went well. I am hoping I pass, so I can get sworn in next Wednesday, then I will officially be a volunteer.
The other part of the closing up is the party we are throwing for our host families as a thank you for all they have done. As with most things, the party throwing has been quite a process but hopefully we get a good turn out. If nothing else, I know we will get good food!
I am super sad to leave my host family because they have really become like my family here in Morocco. They have taken me in and treated me as one of their own, and for that I am eternally indebted.
I will be back to internet on Sunday and will post something more formal but life is going great here (except for some stomach issues I have been having related to unclean water) but Im moving along and looking forward to swearing in.
Love you all, miss you tons.
stuckel! great posts :) keep them coming. love you! i'm sure you passed the language test!
ReplyDelete