So after some experiences and another adventure, I have a post office box in my town. Yeah!
This means you can send packages, letters, anything you like and I will be able to get it. If you have already sent something to the Rabat address it will still get forwarded along, don't worry.
I am looking forward to your letters and packages!
Sending packages:
Shipping: I suggest sending packages via USPS's Flat Rate Shipping Boxes. As long as the total package weight does not exceed the given amount, I am told these are the most cost effective means of sending goodies.
Customs: When sending a package, and in the majority of cases, regardless of the contents, claim the package as a GIFT and list the contents as books, magazines and candy.
Inventory List: I strongly suggest that after compiling a package you create an inventory list of everything in the package. Print two copies and put them in the package, maybe one on bottom and one on top. This will help to deter Moroccan Customs Officials from using the five-finger discount when inspecting package contents.
Green, eco-friendly gifts: There is no recycling in Morocco, nor are there healthy, sustainable efforts at waste removal. Please choose gifts with little or no packaging, and when possible, remove all wrappings and tags before sending (i.e. the plastic packaging of toothbrushes).
(This was borrowed from a good friend who also posted this on her blog, but it fits my needs perfectly. Check her out at http://www.urbanpeacegirl.blogspot.com/)
Here is what I would be most grateful to receive:
Candy: Mostly licorice, good and pleantys and hot tamales. I can get none of these in country and I miss them. This also includes gum, the gum here is bad and I would appreciate some non-bad gum for a change.
DVDS: Any old movies your done watching, any burned downloaded TV shows or movies. I have quite a stash but I will also have lots of free time at night, so watching a good movie or TV show is a great way to pass time. I am super interested in watching LOST, so if you have a downloaded copy of the seasons you wouldnt mind burning or sending, I would greatly appreciate it.
Magazines or Books: Basically, anything you have already read and think might be interesting for me to catch up current events, science, ect I would appreciate. Books are great so if you have read one and think it might be fun or good for me to read, pass it along.
For my Bath and Body Works ladies: I would love some pocket bac and any travel sized products you have gotten and arent in need of anymore. We dont have a lot of lotion here that is of any quality at all, so I would appreciate some Body Cream, if you have some extras.
Cosmetics: Nail polish would be nice. Any color will do. Deodorant, since we dont have any here and my stash is getting low. I am also in desperate need of some nice smelling perfume and body splash. I brought non which was a big mistake.
Food: Any sort of sauce or packet that is easy to mail and cook with limited resources. Ie gravy packets, kool-aid packets, crystal light, muffin mix, ect. Be creative.
Letters: I love getting updates of life, ect so send them along.
Pens: Some really good black pens would be nice. I also like Sharpie pens!
Music: Any mixed CDs of music that is relevant and good. I am already getting tired of my library.
Other than that, we can get lots of stuff in country but it is just not as high of quality as we can get back home, so if you see something and think "If I was living in Africa, I would like to have this" than go ahead and mail it along.
Please email me if you have any questions :)
Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment