After too many expensive pitchers of delicious Sangria, my clothing's trip through a real washing machine and dryer, a tour of the Spanish royal palace and the purchase of a new jacket, our trip in Spain has come to a close.
I have to admit that I am a little bummed about leaving indoor heat, Starbucks coffee, delicious food, being able to drink beer in public and the beauty that surrounds me. I am sad to leave but excited to get back. I can't wait to give my favorite boy in the village his Barcelona soccer team post card, he's going to love it!
Our week ended with a trip to Botin, one of the oldest restaurants in the world. Claire and I drink our way through two pitchers of Sangria and Claire even ended up spilling an entire glass all over the table and on the floor. Always classy.
A view of the royal palace from the balcony of the Cathedral next door!
We woke up early and went to the palace, looking forward to being one of the first in to take the tour. When we got there, there was a big sign saying it was closed for the day. Claire was heartbroken and yelling at the Palace. We decided to take the tour of the Cathedral next door (definitely worth it) and then by the time we were done up in the dome, the Palace was open. Claire could have cried she was so happy.
We got bacon cheese fries with ranch at the "American" restaurant in Madrid. Yummy.
An amazing view of Madrid from the roof of the cathedral.
The park was awesome! It made me miss green grass and running water :)
LOVE.
ReplyDelete