Monday, January 10, 2011

I think Heaven looks something like Madrid.

Claire and I departed Marrakech around noon on Sunday and we have been having a ball in Madrid since then. We have explored museums, visited parks, walked the streets, eaten delicious food and most importantly drank delicious alcohol. Last night we walked around the city for a little while, I purchased a great little bag for traveling and then got TexMex. Yes, real TexMex. It was amazing. Everything I could have hoped for and more.

Today we have done a lot of walking around, lots of sampling and even drank sangria at noon.

Madrid is such a welcome relief, a breath of fresh air from the harassment, language challenges and cultural differences faced everyday in Morocco. Here we have become anonymous. What a wonderful feeling.

We are back in the hostel (more like a super clean hotel) resting and then in an hour we are headed back to Plaza de Sol for a movie (Little Fockers) and then tapas and drinks!

I am looking forward to my next 2 days with Claire and in Madrid but somewhat dreading the LSAT study cram session up head. Holding on the dream of London in a month and then America in 4!




I am eating nachos. Yummy.



Yes, Starbucks in Madrid. It was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. aww glad you guys are having fun! you look grrrrreat. I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your face more and I LOVE that you are the only person to comment on my blog! It means you are a rockstar and getting the best moroccan gift I can give you. I also want to mail you a postcard of deliciousness, send me your address ASAP.

    ReplyDelete