College football Saturdays have been a staple in the Stuckel household as long as I can remember and saying my dad is a college football fan is an understatement. His fandom reaches its pinacle when it comes to his Alma Matter, the Missouri Tigers.
This Friday, thousands of people will flood the city of Columbia to celebrate a time honored tradition, Homecoming, and watch Mizzou take on Oklahoma. After all, Missouri started Homecoming in 1891 when Chester Brewer invited former Tigers to "come home" and watching Mizzou take on kU. (http://www.mizzou.com/s/1002/index.aspx?sid=1002&gid=1&pgid=569)
The sea of gold, the tiger tails driving down I-70 and the coolers packed with Missouri's finest brews will tell the entire state that this is Homecoming weekend and that the Missouri Tigers are down to do business in Faurot.
To all my fellow Tigers, I am so bummed about missing Homecoming and Gameday but I know you will celebrate in my honor. Pop a Budweiser for me, please. Don't worry though, I will be ESPNing all day saturday to not miss a moment.
Fight tigers fight for old Mizzou, right behind you EVERYONE is with you!
Happy Homecoming Mizzou and lets beat OU!
Meg and I enjoying the rainstorm of Homecoming 2007.
Homecoming 2008.
Danielle and I doing what we do best, tailgating.
Laura, Whitney and I at the game.
My family tailgating Homecoming 2009.
I made it on the blog!!!! yayayayay! I'm so honored.
ReplyDelete