Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The time is here.

Here I am sitting in my hotel room in Philly, physically exhausted from the day I experienced today. Never in my life have I felt so many emotions in one day. From terrified to extremely sad to nervous to happy to in love. This day has been quite an event but Peace Corps Staging has been awesome.

We have gotten the opportunity to meet our training group, we went from invitees to trainees and we got a chance to refocus our minds on why we committed to doing this.

I am eternally grateful to the opportunity to meet these awesome individuals who are willing to give up 2 years of their lives for the betterment of others. They are a truly inspiring group.

Please shoot me an email once in a while, since i will be out of cell/ internet contact for quite some time.

Also, for those interested, official final baggage count.
- 1 large rolling duffel, 50 lbs
- 1 carryon size suitcase, 30 lbs
- 1 North Face backpack!

Yep, thats it, crazy huh :) We will see if it turns out to be enough.

Miss you all already.

1 comment:

  1. Cara, you are the shit.

    That is all.

    But really, I'm glad you are already loving it! I knew you would! Be on the look out for daily emails from me recounting my life here. I don't know what I'm going to do without you!

    ReplyDelete