All I can think about recently is the fireish heat that has taken over my area of Morocco in recent days. The day I left for Essaouria it was so cold I had to hide in a doorway in a sweatshirt to escape the frigid wind and in the next three days the temperature jumped 40+F and I felt like I was on fire. It feels a little like Missouri (all Missourians know what I am talking about).
Each day we are topping 95+F. Here are some examples of the heat.
- The entire bucket of water (5 gallon) in my bathroom evaporated in a 5 hour period.
- I washed my clothing this morning and set it out to dry on the clothesline, 2 hours later, the clothes were COMPLETELY dry.
- I walked to the post office and when I got back from my 15 minute round trip, I had to change my clothing because it was drenched and I was dehydrated.
I am constantly being told that I will get used to the heat, and InShalla I will, but for now I spent lots of time in front of my only fan :)
If you have a way to freeze some water into ice, and rub the ice on your arms it will cool you down quickly. I bring a quart Ziploc baggie of ice when I go for a walk and rub my arms on the way home.
ReplyDelete