One of the distinct downfalls of not paying attention to time is that days and weeks sort of jumble together. For the first time since the 1st grade I am living a planner free life (not to-do list free though because that would kill me). I have an occassional note about a birthday or big event on my ICal but for the most part, I dont pay any attention to what day it is. This has not been a problem until the last few days.
This month is a busy month for a couple of reasons, first we had a visit from a PC employee in Rabat, I am moving into my own place, that new place is getting remodeled, we are planning a 4th of July trip to visit our friend Felicie in Marrakech and I have a lot to buy so that my place is move-in ready.
For the last few days I have been running around like a crazy person trying to buy things for my house, checking in to make sure the remodel work is getting done, soliciting my brother and his friends to paint my house for me, ect. I have been making list after list of things I want/ need to get done before I feel like I can move in.
All along I have been under the impression that I had only this week left and I would start moving in next Monday so by next wednesday (what I thought was June 30th) I would be ready to go to Kech for the weekend and be able to come back to a set up house.
Now I realize why everyone keeps looking at me like I am crazy. When I asked my brother to paint he said "yeah, we will do it next week sometime, maybe Wednesday" and I freaked out on him. I was like we have to get it done before I move all my stuff, turns out I was the crazy one. (But he is painting Sunday FYI). I had even planned a trip to Agadir this weekend so I can go to Marjane and pick out some stuff for my new place.
To my suprise the calendar on the wall at the ponge slip cover place told me I had accidentally skipped a week in my timeline. All along I was under the impression that I was days away from moving in, in reality I have almost 2 weeks. This is not good but explains at lot of the crazy looks and reactions i have been getting over the past week.
Needless to say I can't survive without a planner. Its just too bad I had to learn that lesson the hard way.
No comments:
Post a Comment